- Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- 6 PM to 8 PM
- Ricky’s All Day Grill (back room) , 109 Street and Jasper Avenue
- Plenty of free parking
The future is moving target. A lot of people are feeling stressed about
the uncertain future. As self-employed and entrepreneurs, how can you
prepare to do your best work and get the rewards you deserve?
Where are the trends leading us? What forces are driving these trends? Why should we care? What happens if we do nothing? As self-employed and entrepreneurs, how do we need to prepare?
Randal Adcock will share some of the ideas he’s working on for a new book about the future. Then we’ll open for discussion.
Points on Trends and Responses:
• Transformative Innovation – Reframe, re-engineer, redefine yourself and your personal potential
• AI and Automation – Small business digital transformation to magnify, amplify and multiple your valued talents
• Outsourcing – Gig work opportunities and how to surf the learning curve
• Competing with larger corporations – Smart collaboration teams with diverse talents
• Accelerating Change – Agile prototype everything, test and scale up
• Exponential Growth of Civil Complexity – Focus, simplify, and specialize but also be an informed generalist
• Extreme everything – Remember sufficient action, balance, moderation, chi