As of March 25, law enforcement agencies have been granted full authority to enforce the public health orders outlined below and can issue fines.
New restrictions on mass gatherings and businesses are now in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.
No gatherings with more than 15 people are allowed, including:
- worship gatherings
- family events, such as weddings and funerals
- social gatherings outdoors
Business, workplace and facility closures
Albertans are prohibited from attending all non-essential businesses, including:
- gift, hobby, antique and specialty stores
- non-essential health and beauty care providers
- clothing stores that sell mens’, ladies’ and children’s wear as well as unisex, lingerie and maternity wear, shoes, bridal wear, jewellery and accessories
- retail stores that sell, luggage, art and framing supplies, computers and gaming equipment, toys, photos, music, books, and sporting goods
These businesses may choose to offer online shopping and curb-side pick-up.